Monday, April 12, 2010

In the Valley

after my friend shared her testimony with us, i was so relieved. I was worrying quite a lot before that, but i know now that she is ready to follow God wherever she's called to be. Praise God =D

Her testimony was actually the most powerful I've heard. (I know it's kind of personal, but if you're reading, i really really urge you to share it with other people. It's a powerful powerful testimony that God has blessed you with!) I'm really encouraged by her strong faith in God. Indeed, God takes pleasure in a broken and contrite heart, that we may repent in the deepest valley, and in the darkness marvel at his perfect glory. In awe and shame,we bow down, knowing that we are sinful,helpless on our own and undeserving of his love. Yet, in our brokenness, his love shines ever so bright, so compelling, so rich, so plentiful, like rain, like a flood .


The Valley of Vision

Lord, high and holy, meek and lowly,
Thou has brought me to the valley of vision,
where I live in the depths but see thee in the heights;
hemmed in mountains of sin I behold thy glory.

Let me learn by paradox
that the way down is the way up,
that to be low is to be high,
that the broken heart is the healed heart,
that the contrite heart is the rejoicing spirit,
that the repenting soul is the victorious soul,
that to have nothing is to possess all,
that to bear the cross is to wear the crown,
that to give is to receive,
that the valley is the place of vision.

Lord, in the daytime stars can be seen from deepest well,
deepest wells,
and the deeper the well the brighter the stars shine;

Let me find thy light in my darkness,
Thy life in my death,
that every good work or thought found in me
thy joy in my sorrow,
thy grace in my sin,
thy riches in my poverty,
thy glory in my valley.

In the Valley (Sovereign Grace)
Based on The Valley of Vision prayer “The Valley of Vision”

Words and Music by Bob Kauflin

Verse 1
When You lead me to the valley of vision
I can see You in the heights
And though my humbling wouldn’t be my decision
It’s here Your glory shines so bright
So let me learn that the cross precedes the crown
To be low is to be high
That the valley’s where You make me more like Christ

Chorus
Let me find Your grace in the valley
Let me find Your life in my death
Let me find Your joy in my sorrow
Your wealth in my need
That You’re near with every breath
In the valley

Verse 2
In the daytime there are stars in the heavens
But they only shine at night
And the deeper that I go into darkness
The more I see their radiant light
So let me learn that my losses are my gain
To be broken is to heal
That the valley’s where Your power is revealed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT8aTjVZHVI

While knowing that God is sovereign and his love can overcome everything, do we continue to fall on our own devises or do we really trust him with every breath? How hard is it to learn these lessons when we've hit the bottom of the valley? Truthfully, I don't know. I haven't been in that position before. I feel quite bad because I think I've gained in sombody's sufferings. I've never been so close to not knowing what to do, or simply not being able to do anything. My prayer is the prayer.

I just bought the song!!! http://www.sovereigngracemusic.org/albums my first non-air travel related purchase online! HAHA...

1 comment:

jlin said...

On several occasions, Jacky mentioned that there are 5 gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and "you". "You", of course, being our testimony.

I was once told that no one has a boring testimony. One's testimony is how God is working in his/her life. It is powerful because God makes it powerful.