The heart must grow at the same pace as the mind; if not only knowledge grows, but the heart loses discernment. As it says in 1 cor 8:1 Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up
I got reminded of that in the conference. I've been devouring (kindof) over books and christian resources but not really letting it sit through long enough to be learned or retained. When I got back home from the conference, I was pretty excited to share some things I learned about spiritual gifts with family but was disappointed that the response wasn't at the same level of excitement which I had expected. In the end, my sis just told me that if I didn't exemplify love in my life at home then whatever else I talk about whether it be exciting things like desiring the spiritual gifts would not be convincing or encouraging.
To think that my lack of love at home would hinder me from sharing the blessings I've received! That is why Paul says
13 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, I gain nothing.
Let me pursue love!!
1 comment:
<3 faith hope LOVE
thanks for sharing the best and not giving up on us too =)
Post a Comment