Sunday, March 11, 2012

Thankfully in Windsor

I write this late but post it so I'll count my blessings

1.super nice uncle and auntie, friends of my aunt and uncle. so glad they came to pick me up with my three luggages and a backpack on a snowy New Year's Day at the train station. And for bringing me to shop for groceries and driving me for my medical checkup.
2.Svenja my german friend for being my lunch buddy and listening to my complaints about work
3. Joyce for coming to visit me!!! How lovely it is when MG girls gather and talk about memories and ponder about our future. Friends for life <3
4. Wonderful superb supervisor! so so nice...brought me to an amazing flute concert, a tour of windsor, a tour of downtown detroit and grosse pointe, a tour at henry ford+ detroit........so fun to check out the antique store even though joyce and i couldn't afford anything!
5. wonderful landlady and landlord who sometimes bake and give me and my housemate some of the goodies too. thank goodness i can do laundry here. now i'm just waiting for the study desk...haha. seriously need one
6. 180 peeps and krystal. so glad i met all of you. it is wonderful to be able to have a small welcoming group. I don't want to distance myself any more.
7. amazing coworkers. some i'm a little awkward with. haha. but almost everyone is super nice. super blessed.
8. amazing work. Now this is the time to be thankful. should not complain about having to do multiple nth revisions but be thankful that my general exposure/scope of work has been very broad and varied. So happy I got my "own" project that also involves lots of people. Even if nothing turns out, it is good that I think I'm learning lots. And also quite nice i guess that people have given positive reviews on my work.


Those minor fears of coming to Windsor alone. Although tinges of feeling like I want to be elsewhere comes rarely and disappears in 2 seconds, the experience of being in a different place constantly and of being so provided for is a demonstration of Emmanuel.

I mustn't forget.

No comments: