As a student with not much treasure or talent, my most valuable possession is my time. I have been thinking and learning about how the choices I make in how I spend my time reveals my heart. And it is of importance to God. I may choose to be with our cliques so that I can have a good time of hanging out, and I may choose to indulge in relationships, friendships, good food etc. Or maybe it would be to be entertained or relax a little by doing the things I do online. Or maybe I would choose to work hard on assignment and group projects.
However, underlying all that, I think I know my true motivations. The time is near. God desires that I give myself wholly to Him. Night and day, hourly, minute and seconds, is all time that is accountable to the Lord and it could be time spent that pleases the Lord. It could be just time spent in fellowship with God, or spent doing his work, associating myself with people I would not if not for the sake of the Gospel. Have I been working hard for the Lord, being spent for Him, so that I may know Him and grow to love Him deeper and deeper?
Am I pouring my life to be pleasing to Him and to win His heart?
Am I pouring my life to be pleasing to Him and to win His heart?
No comments:
Post a Comment