Before i get too lazy or forget about this, here it is
Some days ago, I received an email from a Prof to me and some other people. It was not the best thing we would want to hear; it was concerning an assignment that we had submitted a couple of weeks ago and he wanted to see us in his office.
By then, I had seen my mark on uwace. It was not spectacular but not bad enough to warrant something fatal. Still, I fretted over the night until I decided enough was enough and tried to put myself at ease through prayer.
The next morning, there was a huge lineup by his office. I had no time to speak to him but my friend who had the chance told me that we were all accused of plagiarism and he had decided to give us an academic probation.
My heart sank. I cannot claim to be the best student but certainly not one to have a bad record.
Again, I was weak and fretted over the night. I imagined how disappointed my parents would be and how it would become another impediment to getting a co-op position. I wondered what good an academic probation would do? In what way would it be part of God's good plans?
Again, I pleaded for help.
O God, what is going on? Please help me...
The second morning, I went into his office. He sat me down and said " I suppose you know what is going on". After nodding my head, he showed me where i had gone wrong...
"You see this part, you copied too much of the phrase..."
those words seemed unfamiliar. i screened the page down and then up, and saw that the header was not my name. It was that of another's whose name was one letter less than mine!!!
I think the prof prob feels bad about mixing up our names but i was feeling too happy that it wasn't me. In first year, I had often wondered why there would be a girl's name so similar to mine (considering that I think my name is not all that common) and kindof felt that it was a shame. Thank goodness for that!
It was a bit of a scare, but how blessed these little pebbles are when one gets over them safely! And they serve such a good reminder to forgetful people like me to tread carefully and not take things like a normal school life for granted.
No comments:
Post a Comment