Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Interesting day

Had a phone interview just now. It was kindof fun but also nerve-wrecking coz I couldn't answer some of the questions about Aboriginal people...I guess I could have prepared more. But what I didn't expect was they would ask questions in French! And my french is quite terrible... haha, I did say in french that I can't speak well in French....so stupid coz they would have realized by the time I said it.

And after class, I talked to a Prof intentionally for the first time!!! (Don't judge me) I just have problems asking questions...like what do I ask, where do I start, and worries that all I'm asking are dumb questions (probably true). But the prof was so nice and so fun to talk with! Actually, it was more of a monologue which was great coz that means I didn't have to say much.

All in all, it was very fun talking to him, I just wished I did better for my first midterm so it wouldn't appear like I'm a dumb student who just needs lots of help (which might also be true). Oh well....he's nice.

But anyways, I've realised something from this experience.
1. Being a prof's daughter doesn't capacitate you to talking to profs.
2. Profs ramble....which is very nice.
3. I should talk more and to more profs!

That's all

No comments: