as it is, for a longtime, i haven't been attending fellowship and i have been somewhat delineated from god. i've been kindof making up excuses
"The people from fellowship are so different from me, we don't really have common interest."
"I don't have anyone to talk to in church."
"After one week of dreary school, I just wanna rest at home on friday nights."
Today, God has reminded me why he wants me to attend fellowship. So that I can bring my non-believer friends to Him by inviting them to fellowship. So, there is a purpose for attending these gathereings on friday nights even though I often don't feel like going.
I've also started reading Mere Christianity by CS Lewis. His arguments are so compelling and logical. I feel like giving a copy to my physics teacher ( who is atheist, and always talking about doomsday and black hole)
I haven't got to the end but it has been enjoyable reading the first few chapters. And I haven't fallen asleep on the book (yet?) so that's definitely a good sign.
And for that matter, God also kindly gave me reassurance today of his faithfulness and providence. Like the Jews in Nehemiah 9, 7 times they fell away from the Lord and 7 times, they were forgiven mercifully by Him. Surely, God is with me: when I received my O level marks (how could the incredibly dumb me have done it without him?), when God allowed me to take Grade 12 english in earl haig even though the testing centre adviced otherwise.
What have I done to deserve his blessings? When have I sincerely thanked him for all this?
Thank you Lord, for caring and loving such a worm as I.
No comments:
Post a Comment