Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Justice, Kindness & Humility

That was supposed to be last week's sunday school class but I skipped it. I have not given too much thought about this, was somewhat skeptical that kids younger than me would have too much thoughts about it, and mostly just overly inadequate in teaching this topic.

Strange or not so strange as it seems, these words are inscribed on the wall of Windsor's city hall which I pass by everyday.

He has told you, O man, what is good;
    and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,[b]
    and to walk humbly with your God?

Micah 6:8

Charles Colson's Loving God talks about the story of a judge and how he took a stand at the cost of his law profession and his reputation to "do justly, love mercy and walk humbly with God. "

It seems very natural (but definitely not easy) for a person in case law to face these issues. I am not sure though how I would find myself in a situation like this. 

Remains to be seen...

No comments: