Saturday, July 28, 2012

a nice community

In my short trip to US, my friend was nice enough to bring me around lots so I can be exposed to some of the bedroom communities. Plymouth, Canton just to name a few of these communities were certainly a stark difference from Detroit. It was kindof utopian, people licking their ice cream cones, surrounding the central fountain. The bustling streets and sidewalk restaurants, and busy libraries with scampering kids..... It was all very nice. It was as if it was too nice because there really was only one group of people who lived there and they were all wealthy and fairly well-to-do. After that tour, my friend asked, "So...do you think these people would ever move back to Detroit ?" Well...I guess the answer was pretty obvious. These people seem really content with their lives and their communities...why would they return to a place full of uncertainty, darkness, danger and poverty. I don't know...it seems so sad that people are living their happy lives here and have totally abandoned and left behind Detroit with all her problems. And it seems as if they are really living a life removed from the existing problems and realities.

I'm not sure...it seems so nice to live in one of these places but yet so selfish but I can't say I won't make that choice myself.....?

No comments: