To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices
O Lord I grew up thinking
thinking I knew your love for me
said you meant everything to me
I'll live my life for you Lord
telling of your love
to the corners of the earth
someday not too long ago
I claimed I loved you too
Then the winds blew
unknowingly,
I pushed these aside
waking & sleeping without hearing your voice
What's more to sing of your love
Masking and cruising, day by day
Then I remembered
What became of my hope
my faith & my life
the race was still on
but where was I?
The shaky ground was not built on rocks
The house was made of cards
shrinking from the test
not obeying, not trusting
not living a holy life
How can I sing of how much I love you Lord?
How can I sing of love at all
No comments:
Post a Comment