Our progress in holiness depends on God and ourselves-on God's grace and on our will to be holy
~ Mother Teresa
Since the start of the term, I've been reading OT and more recently Leviticus. I thought I wouldn't...but I did feel like skipping over certain "mundane" and lengthy sections. Reading commentaries and Loving God by Charles Colson really reveals how wrong I was.
The details involved in the construction of the tabernacle, the materials used, measurements, etc. sets the stage for where God says "I will consecrate the Tent of Meeting and the altar and...I will dwell among the Israelites." God promises to pitch His tent and dwell among his people.
Our Holy God, set apart, sinless and blameless, pure in all ways, more than deserves the specifications of a holy tabernacle.
God has given us the gift of the indwelling of the Holy spirit- God in our very presence. How then can we continually and knowingly defile God if our bodies are the holy temple?
"I am the Lord your God; consecrate yourselves and be holy because I am holy."
1 comment:
Hahaha. A while ago, I decided to read a commentary on Numbers. Not surprisingly, there isn't much comments dedicated to the number themselves, but a lot of detail was given to why Numbers had to happen, etc. I was pleasantly surprised.
Post a Comment