My chinese needs improvement.
My patience is lacking.
Another way to put it would be:
I need to brush up my chinese.
I need to be more patient.
Being told these things multiple times over is really difficult. Do I have to be patient when someone repeats something that I feel is absolutely unnecessary? How much should I extend my patience? To what should I be patient about?
The etymology from Merriam webster:
Middle English pacient, from Anglo-French, from Latin patient-, patiens, from present participle of pati to suffer; perhaps akin to Greek pēma suffering
The meaning could include
1 : bearing pains or trials calmly or without complaint
2 : manifesting forbearance under provocation or strain
If something weren't trying, it wouldn't require patience.
There's always been a bookmark clasped in my bible.
" But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. "
Gal 5:22-23
No comments:
Post a Comment