Tuesday, July 6, 2010

7/1

I must say, budget airlines are wonderful in the way that they force passengers to board the plane old-school way- in the middle of nowhere. The effect is most prominent at night. The bright lights of hong kong shining bright and far. What a beautiful city!

Warm glow and blue skies. With the radio on and agitated callers complaining about the hong kong government, mountains and the sea passed us by. What a way to celebrate the return of hk to china!

Seemingly quiet lives, but full of drama. Maxim bun and yakult for dinner. Soya bean and char siew cheung for tea. Ox tail and mushroom soup for lunch. Apple and kiwi for breakfast.

I wouldn't have thought that lunch would be such a complicated affair. After all, there's a fine line between respecting somebody and indulging that person. It is true when they say 返老還童. I set the alarm for 7, but was rejected. So I'm glad i did it the day before.

In each unit, there lies a centre. When the epicentre disapproves the surrounding shakes. Some may choose to ignore, some scramble and try their best to adjust to the situation, some stand firm in their position. However, no matter which attitude one chooses to adopt, all are affected. Of course, the nearer one is located to the origin, the more one is affected. But ultimately, none escapes its wrath.

Would we be happier without it? Perhaps. Maybe not. There is a lot of potential in the centre. I mean, it could bring the whole unit together.

No comments: