Save me, O God, for the waters have come up to my neck. I sink in the miry depths, where there is no foothold. I have come into the deep waters; the floods engulf me. I am worn out calling for help; my throat is parched. My eyes fail, looking for my God ...You know my folly, O God; my guilt is not hidden from you. May those who hope in you not be put to shame because of me, O God of Israel ... But I pray to you, O Lord, in the time of your favor; in your great love, O God, answer me with your sure salvation. Rescue me from the mire, do not let me sink; deliver me from those who hate me, from the deep waters. Do not let the floodwaters engulf me or the depths swallow me up or the pit close its mouth over me. Answer me, O Lord, out of the goodness of your love; in your great mercy turn to me. Do not hide your face from your servant; answer me quickly, for I am in trouble. Come near and rescue me; redeem me because of my foes. You know how I am scorned, disgraced and shamed; all my enemies are before you. Scorn has broken my heart and has left me helpless; I looked for sympathy, but there was none, for comforters, but I found none ... I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving....The poor will see and be glad- you who seek God, may your hearts live! the Lord hears the needy and does not despise his captive peopele Let heaven and earth praise him, the seas and all that move in them, for God will save Zion and rebuild the cities of Judah. Then people will settle there and possess it; the children of his servants will inherit it, and those who love his name will dwell there.
Hasten, O God, to save me; O Lord, come quickly to help me... May all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation always say, " Let God be exalted!" Yet I am poor and needy; come quickly to me, O God. You are my help and my deliver; O Lord, do not delay.
No comments:
Post a Comment