"the day you learn to be publicly specific in your prayers, that is the day you will discover power"
That meant saying, in the hearing of others, " I ask for such and such." It meant taking the risk that the prayer would not be answered.
Do we pray with such restraint because we fear that by putting our faith out, it might get knocked down?
Matthew 21:21-22
English Standard Version (ESV)
21 And Jesus answered them, “Truly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain,‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ it will happen. 22 And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”
I always think about the if...like maybe what I am praying is not the best thing. Maybe God wants to work in another way. So I go about with not much expectation because I am thinking that God is sovereign. I don't want to be surprised at having my prayers answered anymore. I want to be thankful for them but not to be puzzled. I want to be disappointed and pleading with God if my prayers go unanswered until I have persevered and wrestled so long that God will reveal his answer. His answer to be Yes, No or later.....
correction...haha
http://utmost.org/wrestling-before-god/
1 comment:
i've been thankful too rarely, disappointed too often
i need more faith
to stand on His promises and to wrestle like you said...
got to press on by His grace and the power of the Holy Spirit
Post a Comment