Back and forth.
I was in hk most of may, and then went home to singapore for about 10 days or so, then returned to hk for an interview.
It was a group interview. I knew that I did not perform the best, but I thought and prayed that I'd leave it to God.
Yesterday, I received the news. It was pretty much a repeat of whatever the lady told me over the phone a couple of days ago, except, this time it was in black and white.
I remember the day my exams ended. The day before I took the plane. I prayed and prayed to God that He would use me this summer, wherever and whatever in His will.
I failed miserably to surrender absolutely to God.
How much does it take to let go when Jesus promises in Matthew 11:28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." that He alone would carry it all? How easy yet how difficult.
So I fell asleep having thoughts of taking the plane yet again. Of having spent 2 months of my holiday in idle and not having accomplshed anything. All the travelling back and forth wasted so much of my time.
...
The lady was one of the hiring staff. I explained my situation to her.
How long more do i have to wait?
...
Maybe that's what God wants for you.
Maybe that's what God wants for me.
With deep peace and restfulness (literally too, having slept for 11 hours=D) I woke up to a beautiful morning/midday. All the worries and disgust from the night before, of not having abided in Christ, had disappeared.
So what does God want for me? Ermm...I'm still not sure. But that's what he wants =P
No comments:
Post a Comment